Thursday 18 June 2020

First craft circle - 18 June 2020

There were four participants, five including myself. Three participants in one space. Two remote, via zoom.

I was moved and touched by the willingness and enthusiasm of the participants. 
Initially I thought it was important and necessary to instigate 'word' conversation. I witnessed (and was given feedback) that the conversation was already happening through the body, through action! This is why we make art! Art gets us to tap into some arterial 'flow' that we are all fluent in. That there is no need for interpretation nor explanation. It's understood.

Huge gratitude for your willingness, enthusiasm and participation.


Turns out that making yarn from old clothing is nothing new to Sweden. Matilda pointed this out to me and photographed her ball of yarn above a 'rag-mat', which has been woven out of strips cut from old clothing and household linen.











No comments:

Post a Comment