Wednesday 16 September 2020

Circle 004, 15 September 2020

 

I met again with one of the facilitators, Sören at Epic, the youth centre. Our intention was for him to make yarn and in this way encourage, entice and attract the teenagers into participating in the project. Sören who is delightfully energetic and enthusiastic was being constantly called to attend to other duties. This left me communicating to various youths via Zoom. I was making yarn myself, discussing the project, chatting and encouraging them to participate the following day by bringing an item of their own clothing. 

Communicating and attempting to gather a group of very energetic 14 year olds via Zoom, is more challenging than herding cats! This communication has opened me to a number of issues; I became critically aware of how vulnerable youths are and SO open to manipulation and suggestion. Its a real eye opener, and emphasises the necessity for regulation around youth and technology, especially social media. If I was a parent I would be beside myself.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment